Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Happy with a Catheter

Welcome to my world of dreams. I have been wanting to document my dreams on a blog for quite some time, so I decided that it is time I get started. To kick this off, I am going to write about a dream that I did NOT have recently. In fact, I had this dream over a year ago...

As I was nearing the end of my pregnancy with Grayson, I had to frequent the bathroom quite often (I'm sure that many of you understand this). I almost dreaded going to sleep because I knew that I would be getting up 3-4 times during the night to use the restroom. I was complaining about it quite a bit, and I think that is what brought this dream on--and it's not a long one.

In my dream, I was so fed up with using the bathroom during the night, so I thought that it would be quite convenient to put a foley catheter into my bladder just before bed so that I wouldn't have to get up. So I did, and I absolutely LOVED it.

I told this to one of my sisters, and she pointed out that I definitely work in the medical field. Who else would have a dream like that?

3 comments:

  1. Check out www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jEs97x9QKk
    Or type "dirty catheter commercial" in Youtube.
    They've been showing this commercial on TV a lot lately...that older lady cracks me up. For all your late-night catheter needs... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously wouldn't it be sweet though? You could bypass having to wake up and sleep on through. Bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally I would rather get up! It would be really nice though to be able to sleep through all of the bathroom trips in the middle of night during pregnancy... but I hated having a catheter when Will was born, although getting up to go to bathroom after having a c-section was no picnic either! And yes, you are definitely in the medical field, if something like this crosses your mind!

    ReplyDelete